Plans and Modifications for 2021-22
At O’Hara, the education and faith formation of young people is our most important job. Along with that comes creating a safe and healthy environment for them to learn. Our main objective is to keep our doors open and keep staff and students safely engaged in in-person learning. To that end, we continue to follow all state mandates and protocols from the Oregon Department of Education (ODE), the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and our Archdiocese Department of Catholic Schools. Additionally, we partner with our families who help our school by screening their own student daily before they come to school. It is with this partnership that our school was successful last year in maintaining in-person learning all year.
For the 2021-22 school year, we have updated our plans and protocols to be in-line with new recommendations from health professionals. You can find our COVID-19 Plan at this link. As protocols and recommendations change, we will change and update our plan accordingly.
We work as a staff to ensure a safe and healthy environment for school to successfully run as we continue to manage school time during a pandemic.
Important links and documents:
COVID 19 Policy and Plan
Screening Document: to be used by families every day
Communication Plan for potential covid cases and exposures
CDC Face covering recommendations
O’Hara COVID-19 Cleaning Plan
Below, you will find the updates that we made for the 2020-21 school year that are still in place:
MODIFICATIONS, TO DATE, FOR 2020-21 SCHOOL BUILDING REOPENING
Updates to building & campus facilities and sanitizing procedures
Parent access & involvement
- Portable classrooms for Preschool & PreK have been installed on our campus. Other classrooms have been rearranged in the building to make sure everyone has enough space. (Per ODE 35 sq ft per student requirement.)
- O’Hara installed temporary tent structures in multiple locations on campus to be used for student check-in.
- O’Hara has purchased Air Scrubbers that will be placed on the HVAC units that serve the classrooms and the office area. Air Scrubbers help to reduce contaminants in the air by purifying the air of 90% of airborne contaminants by using special light waves to clean the air moving through our HVAC units.
- Plexiglass shields installed in the office and other high-traffic areas.
- Lockers will not be used by students this year.
- Contactless thermometers purchased for each classroom & front office.
- Two portable hand sanitizing stations purchased.
- Our Clorox 360 machine is used throughout the building each night.
- Additional cleaning protocols throughout the day, per ODE guidelines, including increasing our cleaning staff.
Parent access & involvement
- Parents and visitors are permitted in the front lobby of the school building only.
- Current guidelines from the Archdiocese prohibit volunteers except as specifically requested and documented by administration. As such, FIP hours are waived for the duration of the COVID-19 restrictions.
- Parents are expected to partner with us in adhering to strict guidelines for when and how long students must stay home if they present symptoms.