- O'Hara has two classrooms of each grade level from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade. We have one Preschool classroom (age 3).
- Student enrollment at O'Hara is more than 500 students. O'Hara is the largest Catholic elementary school in the Archdiocese of Portland.
- The average class size is 25 students (20 students per Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten classes).
- 60% of our student body is Catholic; 40% is not Catholic.
- O'Hara is a member of the Archdiocese of Portland.
- O'Hara is fully accredited by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA). We are also a member of the Department of Education's private school registry at the State Department of Oregon.
- O'Hara's Pre-School and Pre-Kindergarten programs are certified by the State of Oregon Child Care Division.
- O'Hara teachers hold credentials and are licensed by the state of Oregon Teacher's Standards and Practices Commission. Several teachers also hold advanced degrees and special endorsements.
- O'Hara has always had a strong parent volunteer program, and we work in close partnership with our families. At O'Hara, each family agrees to complete 36 hours of volunteer service per school year. Parent volunteers will generously give more than 12,000 volunteer hours this year to support O'Hara.
- O'Hara receives Title I funds to assist students who need additional help with reading and math.
- School hours for grades 4 through 8 are 8:05 AM - 3:05 PM, except on Wednesday when dismissal is at 2:30 PM. Hours for full-day Pre-School through 3rd grade are 8:05 AM-2:45 PM, except on Wednesday when dismissal is at 2:10 PM. Hours for half-day Pre-School are 8:05 AM-11:10 AM.
- Extended Care is available after school (until 6:00 PM).
- O'Hara has a hot lunch cafeteria program available daily to all students.
- O'Hara is an "area school" as opposed to a single "parish school." As an "area school," we serve all Catholic parishes within the Lane County area.
- We are required by Senate Bill 895 as of January 1, 2015 to post our immunization and exemption rates on our website. We currently have 98.5% of our students who are complete or up-to-date on their immunizations and 1.5% of our students who claim a non medical exemption status. If you have any questions regarding our immunization status, please contact Barb Whitford at 541-485-5291.
- Click HERE to view O'Hara's PreSchool & PreKindergarten Immunization report.
- Click HERE to view O'Hara's Kindergarten - 8th Grade Immunization rates.
- Click HERE to view the Lane County Immunization rates.