AT O'HARA, WE RISE UP.
O'Hara's Schoolwide Learning Expectations, or SLEs, represent what each student should know, understand, and be able to do upon graduating from our school. The SLEs define for us the spiritual, academic, social, and emotional behaviors and attitudes that an O'Hara student will develop throughout his or her time here.
Our SLE structure will help all students, from PreSchool through 8th grade, better understand and live our values each and every single day. If we live our values, as articulated below, we will achieve our motto of "Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve."
- I am respectful toward all people.
- I humbly accept responsibility for my actions.
- I make healthy choices in mind and body.
- I recognize Christ in others and treat them as I would like to be treated.
- I show everyone that they are loved.
- I exhibit motivation to learn and achieve goals.
- I explore and experience the arts.
- I thirst for a deeper understanding of God and His creation.
- I apply knowledge, Catholic values, and critical thinking skills to create solutions.
- I effectively communicate with others and use technology responsibly.
- I go forth to serve others with kindness and compassion.
- I spread the message of Christ in word and deed.
- I have faith in God, pray earnestly, and worship with the believing community.
- I know and practice God’s teachings in the Roman Catholic faith.
"Rise up in splendor! Your light has come, the glory of the Lord shines upon you."